Friday, September 9, 2011

The Facts...

May 16, 2011:
  • Weighed in at 298 pounds.
  • A1C: 8.5 (should be 6.0 or less) - a measurement of diabetes control - mine at 8.5 was NOT controlled)
  • Insulin: 200 units per day via an insulin pump
    • Symelin Pen before meal
    • Additional insulin shots inbetween meals
  • Metformin: 3 pills per day for to treat insulin resistance (something being over weight caused)
  • Prilosec - for stomach issues
  • Blood pressure: 120/70 (with occasional spikes with stress but not bad)
  • Cholesterol: 165 - with perfect ratios
May 23, 2011 began eating low-carb, 1500 calories per day with a ratio of 60% fat; 30% lean protein; and 10% vegetable carbs (limited NET veggie carbs to 12 to 15 per day and nonvegetable carbs to 5 to 8 per day for a daily average of 20 total NET carbs per day)

September 5, 2011 (3 months and 2 weeks later)
  • Weighed in at 253 pounds -- 45 pounds lost
  • A1C: 5.8 -- total success!!
  • Insulin and pump and extra shots -- GONE no longer needed. I still check my levels every day to make certain the levels are good. My average is 90 - perfect!!
  • Metformin: Cut down to 2 pills per day
  • Prilosec: no longer needed!!
  • Blood pressure: 100/70 -- now having issues with it dipping too low - but working on keeping up my salt intake and water intake - which helps dramatically.
  • Cholesterol: 115 - with perfect ratios
Low Carb Way of Eating works!! This is a lifestyle change!
When I'm below 200 I will slowly add more LOW glycemic carbs to my diet while still losing weight.

When I reach my goal (which is around 150) I will add more LOW glycemic carbs until I'm maintaining my weight without gaining or losing.

Fitness Goal:  Participate in a 5K in September 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment, my only request as that you keep it family friendly.