Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sandwich Buffet...

As an Administrative Assistant, one of my pleasures is catering food for different events, meetings or customer visits. A luncheon I regularly order is a mini sandwich buffet from Dorothy Lane Market (a local gourmet grocer).

I'm not always invited to partake , but was today. Faced with the challenge of being wheat and sugar free- and knowing the food preparations- I accepted.

I removed the bread from the sandwiches. I avoided the pasta in the salad and enjoyed the bacon, cheese, broccoli, cauliflower and tomatoes. The 7 layer salad had peas that I removed. Then I had a tablespoon of Mayo and Dijon mustard. And I did not have their signature Killer(r) brownie!!!

1.5 carbs for the 3 half slices of cheese
2 carbs for the veggies & salad
1 carb for the mustard
So a total of 4.5 net carbs for the meal.

If I would have eaten all the other items:
50 carbs in the buns
35 carbs in the pasta
3 carbs in the peas
72 carbs in the killer brownie
A total of 155 carbs.

It was hard; but, NOT impossible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment, my only request as that you keep it family friendly.