Thursday, May 3, 2012

I'm Guilty

Yep, it's the truth... I am lazy!! The thought of getting home after ten hours in the office and going to the gym sets me into the 'I don't have the time or energy tailspin.'
When I know from personal experience once I make myself get into a routine I will stick to it. Once I get those feel good endorphins flowing in my body, my addiction will kick in. Having OCD tendencies, I'm learning how to channel that into positive outlets!!

So tonight, I WILL go to the park and walk... My food choices have been perfect for a week. Now it's time to get my body into fat burning mode.

September and the 5k will be here in 'only' 19 weeks... That time will fly!!

Stop making excuses, set a goal and commit the time to yourself. If you have time to sit and read this blog, you can find the time to move your body!!!

It's been a while since I walked any distance. I'll be taking it slow. 30 minutes is the goal for tonight. What's 30 minutes out if an 840 minute day???

Like the ole Nike commercials say... Just Do It!

UPDATE: As soon as I got home from work, my niece and I changed clothes and went to the park for a walk. Being the first outdoor walk of the year coupled with having POTS issues today we only walked one mile but we did it in 12.5 minutes. Miranda's also dealing with a loose knee cap so we took it easy -- but -- the point is -- we walked!! A mile in 12.5 minutes is a really good pace.

No excuses!!!! We feel great too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for wanting to comment, my only request as that you keep it family friendly.