Monday, April 16, 2012

Yes, I can eat Italian again!

I figured out how to make low carb sauce but still had the challenge of how to enjoy this Italian delight without pasta noodles. Enter the Spaghetti Squash. This member of the melon family received its name because the Flesh strings apart after its cooked. You're not eating wheat in the form of pasta, instead, you're eating another vegetable!

Cut it half, clean out the seeds, rub it down with olive oil, place cut side down on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour or until it is tender.

Scrape out the insides and toss it with a little salt and butter or olive oil... Enjoy this gold string melon topped with your favorite low carb sauce!!  Who knew veggies could be so good!!

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite ways to eat pasta! I have also had pizza crust made out of spaghetti squash.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for wanting to comment, my only request as that you keep it family friendly.